All UW–Madison students can learn strategies for a successful U.S.-based job search.
Learn how to efficiently target companies that sponsor H-1B visas and hire international students; build and expand your network in the American context with LinkedIn searches, informational interviews; and make meaningful connections with employers. Take away a four-step framework to optimize your job search game plan and effectively network to get your foot in the door.
- Feel empowered to build a career in the US with practical approaches to conducting a domestic job search with tools and resources provided by your career center
- Discover how to target companies that sponsor H-1B visas
- Learn to cultivate and use professional connections American-style through strategic networking and informational interviews
- Leverage your story, skills, expertise, your university network, and brand to achieve your career and life goals
- Practice how to use your cultural diversity as an advantage and effectively convey your story to hiring managers